At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re passionate about protecting the environment, including locally in Mt. Pleasant. Whether that’s through our own business practices or making energy-saving products, we strive to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help enhance the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll experience the benefits all year long.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with options based on each climate. The three below offer our best energy efficiency and protection from weather year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 features insulating double-pane glass with two coats of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also features insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler when it’s hot outside. This glass blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to increase your energy efficiency.
Call your Mt. Pleasant Pella Showroom to learn about more insulating glass options or our recommendations for the Mt. Pleasant region.
Determining Energy Efficiency
You can figure out your energy efficiency by looking at three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – more layers of glass translates to more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between our glass panes to give additional insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home during the summer months and inside the room during the winter months; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Innovative Solutions for Mt. Pleasant Area Home
We’ve engineered features to help our products increase your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Unique snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to prevent the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.