Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the aesthetic that guests have when entering your Mt. Pleasant home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are willing to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and require a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you choose the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a complete look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery around a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can draw attention to certain door details and distract attention away from other unpleasant aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can be given a major facelift.
Accept guests into your home with an attractive doorway and make a great first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Mt. Pleasant, give them a call at 989-317-2558 or plan an appointment online to consider all the selections for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.