Winter weather is just around the corner in Mt. Pleasant and when the temperature lowers, the energy bills can often surge. There are a lot of things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial in every season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors offer during Mt. Pleasant winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can find its way in and affect your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella West Michigan team a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to create a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to come into your home. Consult with a professional to repair these issues before cold weather arrives in Mt. Pleasant.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Mt. Pleasant a call at 989-317-2558 or check out our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.